Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Cleaver Named Guild Ball Tournament - Guild Ball AAR

While enjoying a nice three day weekend, I took part in another local tournament, run once again by local area pundit Alex, who unfortunately failed several times while trying to name the tournament correctly.


 You can also call him "King Typo."

The tournament saw 14 players assemble, from the Liberty and Capital Guild Ball groups, along with some visitors from New Jersey.


I was running Masons again, with the following line-up:

  • Honor
  • Marbles
  • Brick
  • Mallet
  • Flint
  • Decimate
  • Mist

Over the course of fours games, I played against Union (12-10), Brewers (6-12), Masons (12-10), and Morticians (6-12). With two wins and two losses, I placed 7th overall - not too bad for a casual player. 

My games mostly revolved around trying to make the Chissile work - using a supercharged Chisel to run up the field and potentially take out multiple players and score a goal if possible. In the two games I won, it worked. In the two games I lost, it didn't, with my opponents shutting down Chisel through movement debuffs.

Now that the tournament's passed, I can really start to play with Hammer, and maybe pick up Avarisse and Greede, who I saw all over the place at the event. 



Overall, I had a great time, and I'm looking forward to Alex's next event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment