Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Painting Update - FIW, Pirates, Horizon Wars

Let's go to the painting desk for an update. 


I finally got around to finishing the French Wilderness Force for Muskets & Tomahawks. Part of the force is made up of a Canadian Officer and Canadian Miltia.


Another unit of Canadian Militia is also included, but these are Coureur de Bois - woodsmen and trappers who have gone native. And speaking of native, a small unit of French-allied Indians rounds out the force.

I made a slight mistake when talking about the British Force. It turns out the unit size restrictions in Muskets & Tomahawks only allows a Ranger unit to be eight men at max, so the six so-called "militia" are actually rangers as well, to make two units of eight.

And now that all the irregular forces are done, it may be time to start looking for some regular troops to fill out the conflict.


I also painted up some pirates for Blood & Plunder. While I like the rules, and the miniatures look great, I wasn't so enamored with the idea of painting up the same four miniatures for each unit in the game. So I've been shopping around and buying up Wargames Foundry Pirates where I can find them.


While I haven't had the chance to play Horizon Wars recently, I've finished painting up the last of the UMC forces. The above are medium Gladius mechs from Immediate Force Solutions, a private military company that exclusively fields mechs.


Rounding out the UMC is Fujikawa-Shaw Investment Retrieval LLC, which uses its airdrop capable light Zephyr and medium Squall mechs alongside airborne infantry, artillery, and recon units. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dude,
    I think it's actually the other way around - the French natives still looked more native, and the British natives looked less native. The French tended to adapt more to the indians and "go native". I've several books on the FIW, including the Ospreys [and M&T for that matter], and my reading of the indian ones had the French using the wildest, wooliest indians. This'd be a good question to post at TMP, bet some good answers would come along with the dross. Cheers, Alex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good. I'll correct the mistake. Thanks!

      Delete