Friday, January 5, 2018

Chaos Dwarves vs. Humans, League Game - Blood Bowl AAR

This was a game between my Chaos Dwarves and Bruce's Humans. With Bruce's star Thrower having died in a previous game, I was fairly certain my Dwarves could out-bash the humans. 


I won the toss off and elected to kick in the first half.


This turned out to be a mistake. A few surprise knockouts on my team left a gap wide open that Bruce exploited for an early touchdown.


We reset, and I was hoping to get a touchdown with the remaining turns left in the half. Unfortunately, we had rolled Pouring Rain for the game's weather, and my Sure Hands Hobgoblin never managed to pick the ball up.


I eventually forgot the ball and just tried to smash as much of Bruce's team as possible. Again, the dice weren't with me, and my Dwarves mostly pushed the opposing players around the pitch until the end of the first half.


The second half started with a rock thrown at my team, turning one of my Guard Dwarves into a casualty.

With the rain still pouring down, my team was unable to secure the ball.


Bruce managed to sneak through my diminished line, grabbed the ball, and scored another touchdown - after causing a casualty to my Mighty Blow Bull Centaur.


We set up once again, but the Chaos Dwarves couldn't force a gap through Bruce's line. Mired in the mud, the game ended with a 2-0 victory to Bruce's team.

This was a complete and utter defeat. I had not only lost the game, but the hits kept piling on: the two casualties rolled Missing Next Game, I lost a point of fan factor, no one gained enough SPP to gain any skills, and I ended up with a Major Incident on my Expensive Mistakes roll, losing half my treasury!

The Immortals will have to soldier on through the next match, hopefully without any more casualties.

No comments:

Post a Comment